How to help:
Have your card information ready and call 888-977-9775 or CLICK HERE to make your gift now.
Thanks to the KINK community for helping reach the goal of a 102 listeners (and then some) supporting the Village of Abongo in the South Sudan.
There is a village in South Sudan called Abongo. This village of 1,987 people is about to become our village.
- There is no clean water source. The current water source is a pond that collects rain run off, but there has been little rain this year.
- Because of drought there has been no rain. And small gardens have produced even less food than usual.
- The main food source is leaves from trees in a nearby forest.
- It is common to go two or three days with no food.
- The closest water is the Jur River, but it is a 3-hour walk.
- At the river they can fish for food, but have no nets. So they fish using spears. Rarely do they catch anything.
- There is no school so most children and adults cannot read or write.
- Families live on less than a dollar a day.
- When children get sick many seek out a witch doctor – called a “Spear Master” – who charges money to “heal” them. Many never survive.
Together, we can change the world by thinking small – just One Village – and World Concern has the plan to do it.
Your gift of $33 for 36 months will fund a 3-stage plan to transform Abongo
- Stage 1: Your gifts will address basic human survival, like making sure the people have enough to eat, clean water to drink, and basic medical attention.
- Stage 2: Your gifts will focus on the educational needs of children and adults.
- Stage 3: Your gifts will continue the work of helping Abongo become self sufficient by addressing economic factors and increasing household income.